When it comes to our Orange County mental health services, individual and group therapy often lay the groundwork for a new beginning. However, sometimes it takes a more comprehensive approach in order to facilitate true change. For this reason, Huntington Beach Psychiatry offers medication assisted treatment to aid in mental health and substance abuse treatment.
What Is Medication Assisted Treatment?
Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, combines traditional therapeutic health and counseling services with pharmacological treatment options.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, MAT has several goals, including:
- Increase the chances of patients healing
- Improve treatment retention
- Stop future opioid use
- Teach patients valuable coping skills for post-treatment life
Additionally, MAT is particularly beneficial for minimizing harsh withdrawal symptoms. As safer alternatives to other opioids, Vivitrol and Suboxone options help patients wean off of opioids without extreme withdrawal.
Healing Requires More Than Pharmacological Support
While pharmacological support is vital to helping patients, medication alone won’t help them heal. The best medication assisted treatment will also include:
- Psychotherapy approaches that help patients change negative thought and behavior patterns
- Group counseling that lets patients collaborate to solve common problems and form important bonds during mental health treatment
- Responsible medication therapy management to ensure positive treatment outcomes
- Relapse prevention education that teaches patients vital coping strategies as an alternative to using
The Path to Change Begins with Medication Assisted Treatment
For adults and adolescents experiencing mental and behavioral health challenges in Orange County, Huntington Beach Psychiatry is ready to help. For example, we offer traditional counseling services for a number of psychiatric disorders, including:
- Adjustment Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Memory Problems
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Substance Use Disorder
Take the first step to independence and stability. In fact, call Huntington Beach Psychiatry today at (866) 334-6286 to learn more about our medication assisted treatment options.